Home > Dating Terms and Conditions
The Muslim Single Solution ("We") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with our terms and conditions of use and any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Go Dating Limited of 46 Manchester Street, London, W1U 7LS. Go Dating Limited is registered with the Data Protection Registrar No Z9142133 and confirms that all personal data handled and stored by us is done so in strict compliance with the Act.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
IP ADDRESSES AND COOKIES
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services.
- Information that you provide when you enter a contest on our site, such as contact information and demographic information
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We or a third party authorised by us may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
- Information which you provide on public forums on the site which makes your information available to us and other users of the site. Please remember that information disclosed in these forums becomes public information and you should exercise caution when deciding whether to disclose your personal information.
- When you make a purchase from us you authorise us to pass your credit and debit card details to Datacash for storage by default to simplify future transactions. When purchasing credits or event tickets there is an option to exclude this on purchase other than where stored card details are required in order for Premium or Premium Plus subscription upgrades. Card details are not stored by us for security reasons. Card details are processed by Datacash on their secure servers. You authorise us to store details of card type, expiry date, and the last four digits of the card number which are stored for the user to identify the card only. We make every effort to keep your card details secure and do not accept any liability for losses arising from the use of credit or debit cards. Stored card details can be removed, under the "Account Details"section when logged in.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to our site.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff maybe engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To help you find your "Ideal Partner" and to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- Registering you for an event and all correspondence relating to an event.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (the [order form OR registration form]).
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 736 of the UK Companies Act 1985.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Go Dating Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions of use and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Go Dating Limited, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Our site provides users with the opportunity to edit their profile and personal details at any time by selecting the "Edit Profile". Users can delete their details by using the "Delete my profile" option under "Edit Profile". You can also exercise the right to have your details removed at any time by contacting us at our registered address in writing and by providing suitable copy documents that we might reasonably use to ascertain your identity such as a copy of driving licence or passport.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes (News and offers by email or SMS) which can be found when selecting "Edit Profile" when logged into your profile. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at our registered address in writing.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.