Definitions apply as per 1.1 Of the Terms and Conditions.
Go Dating Limited trading as The Asian Single Solution, The Muslim Single Solution or The Single Solution is the Service provider. We respect your privacy and are committed to protecting your personal data. This privacy notice will inform you as to how we look after or process your personal data when you use our Service.
Who We Are
Go Dating Ltd is the controller and responsible for your personal data.
Contact details: Go Dating Ltd, 46 Manchester Street, London, W1U 7LS
Or Visit Contact Us via the website.
This version was last updated on 25 May 2018. The Previous version is archived here
This website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their Privacy Statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
The Data you give us
When you create a Profile, Contact Us or use our Service, you provide us with Personal data, or personal information so that we can provide you with a Service.
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you, including but not limited to;
- Identity Data includes; first name, last name, username or similar identifier, marital status, date of birth and gender.
- Contact Data includes; billing address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Financial Data which is processed by third parties who contract with us. If using debit or credit card, your payment data will be collected and processed by Mastercard Financial Services Ltd. We do not store or process your full card details ourselves. We store the last 4 digits of the card, and expiry date for identification purposes only. We store a reference token for your chosen card, so that we can process payments at your request
- Transaction Data includes; details about payments, details of products and services you have purchased from us.
- Technical Data includes; internet protocol (IP) address, your login date, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, previous website URL, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this Service. If you request this, we will collect your geolocation data from your device whilst using the Service.
- Profile Data includes: your username and password, your interests, physical characteristics, preferences, feedback, photos and survey responses.
- Usage Data includes: information about how you use our website, products and services, messages you send or receive via the Service.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes; your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
- Special Categories; In order to provide this Service, and to facilitate match making, we collect Special Categories of Personal Data about you including details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sexual orientation and political opinions. By choosing to provide this information, you consent to our processing of that information
We also collect, use and share Aggregated Data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Aggregated Data may be derived from your personal data but is not considered personal data in law as this data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. For example, we may aggregate your Usage Data to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific website feature. However, if we combine or connect Aggregated Data with your personal data so that it can directly or indirectly identify you, we treat the combined data as personal data which will be used in accordance with this privacy notice.
If you fail to provide personal Data or withdraw consent:
If you fail to provide personal Data or withdraw consent:
We are unable to supply you with any or part of our Service unless you provide the following: Full Name, DOB, Postcode, Religion, Gender, Height, Smoking and Drinking habits, Primary approved photo, mobile number, details of profession.
You may delete your stored payment card from Account Details, if you have a basic membership or have given advance notice to cancel a Premium membership or are using an alternative payment method.
Keeping Data current
The integrity and quality of the Service relies on you providing accurate and up to date information. Please update your profile if your personal data changes during your relationship with us. This includes, updating photos regularly and ensuring that images accurately reflect your current appearance.
How your personal Data is collected
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including, but not limited to;
- When you fill in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise.
- You create a Profile on our Website or through the Application
- You request marketing to be sent to you
- You enter a competition, promotion or survey or participate in a focus group
- You contact us via the Contact Us page on the website
- Automated technologies or interactions. As you interact with our website, we may automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this personal data by using cookies, server logs and other similar technologies. We may also receive Technical Data about you if you visit other websites employing our cookies.
- Third parties or publicly available sources. We may receive personal data about you from various third parties including; analytics providers such as Google based outside the EU;
- Financial and Transaction Data from providers of technical, payment and delivery services including Mastercard Payment Services and Paypal
- From publicly availably sources such as Companies House, 192.com, Facebook, LinkedIn and the Electoral Register based inside the EU.
- From a friend, if someone else books an event ticket for you or provides us with your details or asks us to contact you.
- You may use your social media login, such as Facebook to create a Profile or log into your Profile. We do not post anything to your social media profile.
- When you attend an event
Purposes for which we use your personal Data
We have set out below, a description of all the ways we plan to use your personal data. Including but not limited to:
- To register and validate you as a new Customer and to process any purchases of membership
- To process and deliver you with our Service including relevant matches and search results, calculate your distance from other users and messaging
- To enable you to partake in a prize draw, competition or complete a survey
- To Administer Events that you are subscribed to
- To administer and protect our business and this website including; fraud prevention, abuse, troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of data
- To deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve to you
- To use data analytics to improve our website, products/services, marketing, customer relationships and experiences
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you about profiles on the site, events or other services that we offer to enhance your membership and Service with us
How and when we will Contact You?
We will contact you by email, phone or SMS on registration to validate your contact details, and then periodically to provide you with Service messages about your Profile and Membership according to these guidelines;
Once per week by email: Latest Matches, Event Updates, New Profile Visits, Unread Mail reminder
In real time, by email: You have a new message, New Favourite, Mutual Favourite
We provide you with choices regarding which of these automated communications you wish to receive. These options are available in the Contact Preferences section. If you opt out of all communications, we may be unable to provide you with any Service.
We may occasionally contact you by email, phone or SMS to discuss your Profile and membership with us to ensure you are receiving the Service you require, to enhance your membership or to ensure that you are genuine.
We do not share personal data with other organisations. However, should we wish to do so, we will get your express opt-in consent before we share your personal data with any company for marketing purposes.
You can ask us or third parties to stop sending you communications at any time by logging into the website and checking or unchecking relevant boxes in the Contact Preferences section, or by following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you.
Please be aware that our ability to effectively contact you is an integral part of the Service. If you choose to opt out of all communications, then we will be unable to provide you with the Service.
Removing or deleting an Application (iPhone, Android) will not affect your Profile with the website.
You have the option to hide your profile using the setting on the website or App. In this case, your profile will be excluded from member matches, email matches and search results. Hiding your profile, will not affect any paid membership.
Where you opt out of receiving messages, this will not affect your personal data provided to us for the provision of the Service. We may still contact you in relation to the Service. To opt out completely and to withdraw your consent for processing, you must delete your profile, which would be subject to our Data Retention policy.
In practice, if you have deleted your profile you will not receive further automated communications. We may personally contact you about a claim or dispute, or to follow up on a success story, in our legitimate business interest.
Legal basis for processing Data
When providing us with personal data you give consent for us to process it so that we may provide you with the Service that you have requested. The legal basis for processing your data includes but not limited to:
- Where we need to perform the contract, we have entered into with you
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation. Or in relation to a legal claim or dispute.
- You have given us your consent
We may collect information about your device, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our Users' browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet use by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalised Service. They enable us:
To estimate our audience size and use pattern.
To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our Website according to your individual interests.
To speed up your searches.
To recognise you when you return to our Website.
Sharing your personal information
The main purpose of this Service is to provide other users with your public profile so that you may build connections. Information, such as your Nickname, photos, age, Religion, last logged in date and profile description and the first part only of your post-code are public. Please be careful what you post in the public areas of your profile.
Private details, such as your real name, email address, phone number, full post-code, DOB are not given out in the public profile. Our Terms do not allow you to post these Private details into the public area of the profile.
Non-registered users of the site do not have full access but may be given a limited number of trial searches or profile views.
If you send mail via the Service, then the intended recipient will be able to access that mail, depending on their membership status.
If you visit another users profile, then they will see this in their Profile Visits section and we will log the date of the first incidence only. You may choose Private Browsing (from Contact Preferences) to prevent this trail, if you are a Premium Plus member.
We may show other users, if you are currently online. You can appear offline by selecting the Appear Offline option on the website.
To use the Service, one approved primary photo is required which is visible to all those viewing your profile on the website. Other images may be restricted to Favourites Only, meaning, those that you have clicked on the "yes" or "like" button and those you have mailed through the Service.
We may share your personal data as set out below, including to;
- Third parties contracted with us to provide, develop or administer the technology that provides the Service
- Third parties to whom we may choose to sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or our assets.
- Satisfy a legal obligation such as a Court order, investigation or other legal requirements. To protect our legal rights and have a legal basis to do so.
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
Our data servers are kept in the UK. Our external third parties may from time to time be based outside the European Economic Area (EEA) so their processing of your personal data will involve a transfer of data outside the EEA.
Whenever we transfer your personal data out of the EEA, we ensure that we use specific contracts which give personal data appropriate protection.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
Data Retention Policy - How long will we use personal data for?
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
Accounting records including financial transaction data, name, invoice details are retained for a minimum of six years.
Inactive Profiles are deleted after 3 years from the last known activity.
In practice, we will remove your Profile from the live server within 48 hours of a delete profile request. Data, such as Customer Service requests, may be kept for an extended period for our legitimate business interests. If you contravene the Terms of Membership, or for legitimate business interests, we will retain your data for an extended period so that we may defend our legal rights or protect other members, prevent abuse or fraud.
Server Backups are taken by our hosting provider hourly and daily and kept for 14 days. These will include your Profile if you deleted it after the backup was made. We would endeavour to remove your Profile, should a restore from backup be required.
In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
Your Legal Rights
In practical terms, you may remove your details from the live server by deleting your Profile from the Contact Preferences section on the website. Within 48 hours of a deletion request, we will remove data from the live servers. Deletion requests are subject to our Data retention Policy.
You may view or edit your profile data by logging into your profile on the website and visiting Edit Profile. If this cannot be viewed on the website, you may request that we provide further access in writing.
Under certain circumstances, you have rights to withdraw consent, Request access to your personal data, Request changes, or Request erasure of your personal data. If this cannot be done from the website, then Photo I.D. and answers to security questions may be required to validate your request. We aim to comply in writing within one month. Ordinarily we will not charge for this, however we will levy a charge if the request is repetitive or frivolous.
We may refuse to provide information such as on-site messaging or details of complaints, where it involves another member, would normally require a membership payment or where another member's privacy or safety may be compromised.
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please Contact Us in the first instance
This Service is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to anyone under 18 years.